Friday, July 3, 2009

Firefly gets spiffed up.

Friday, July 3, 2009
Today Firefly got a through washing and waxed with Auto Bond, a great acrylic finisher that only needs to be reapplied every 4 years, except for the roof, which needs to be done yearly.  The weather started out with a misty rain and kept up until about 11 AM.  Although the cloudy day that followed wasn't probably what most vacationers would want, it was perfect fro getting Firefly washed and waxed, even got the windows cleaned, and clean sheets for the trip put on the bed. A week from now we will be somewhere between MI and SD.  Lots to do before then.  I am planning on bringing my cranking sock machine along.  I bought a portable workbench to mount it on.  I have a few pairs of  socks made, and plan to make more as I enjoy some leisure time on this trip. People really like getting homemade socks as a gift. 
Had to go and get  28 "treasures" for  Willow and Meadow yesterday.  (Ginger doesn't get to pick treasures until she is 3)   We will be with the kids for 14 days, 2 kids, 14 days =28 treasures.   I'll pack those in a separate suitcase.  We haven't seen the kids for a year, so we are really looking forward to seeing them.  
Splurged and bought a set of organic sheets for the bed in Firefly.  We'll be putting in some long driving days and sleeping in there for 30 nights, sleep, is an important part of a vacation right?  (also wanted to feel a bit indulged) The sheets are very soft, combined with our memory foam topper we should get some restful nights.
I'm starting to make lists of what to bring.  I want to keep it to a minimum, kind of a necessity with such a small trailer.    I know..the sock machine isn't minimum, but hey, it's  a vacation, and it doesn't take up much room.  ( it will be in the car, I knew someone who took her sewing machine along on a trip to Alaska.)   
Tired arms tonight from working on the Firefly.  Don't think I could do a massage if I had to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment